Hello guys! This week I'm going to teach you how to make a matchbox building. This will serve as a container for those push pins, paper clips, staples, and other small stuff cluttering your desktops. :)
You will need:
- 4 big matchboxes
- cardstock of your choice (not shown)
- pencil and fine point pen
1. Glue the 4 matchboxes together.
2. Measure the height and width of your new structure using your ruler.
3. You can opt to paint the matchbox to make hide the rough edges and the markings on the boxes. Set aside to dry.
4. Design and draw your building on cardstock using the measurements you got earlier. I did mine using pencil first then fine-point pen. Erase the pencil lines.
5. Once the boxes are dry, paste your building drawing onto your boxes and VIOLA! A nice little caddy for your desktop. Make a few more and you can now build your own city!
You'll end up with four compartments, ham hams and cat are not included. ;)
Oh yeah, I also did a Tim Burton inspired building. My version of German expressionism art. Haha!
If you still haven't guessed what movie this is from,
let me give you a not so subtle hint...
Enjoy making your own citites! Yay!