December 09, 2012

unearthed: the 10 year old planner

Don't you just love it when you're rummaging through your clutter from college and found something you had forgotten existed? I never really threw things away so it's always sort of a treasure hunt for me everytime I look for stuff from way back. The other day, I found this:



My 2002 planner!

I remember being crazy about anything that glows in the dark, hence the stickers. It's a pretty girly planner and I was a bit of a tomboy (still am) so I usually cover my stuff with these.

Ok, before I show this to you, just remember that (1) I was 17, (2) putting z's in your name was cool back then, and (3) Akasha was a vampire in one of Anne Rice's books. Ok, here goes...........


Yes, I am cringing. And laughing. But mostly cringing at the memory of youthful ignorance.

In case you were too lazy to Google, here's a back story. I remember having the biggest crush on Tom Cruise then. And kids, before the sparkly vampires and topless wolves, we used to ogle at Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise in Interview with a Vampire. That's what introduced me to Anne Rice's novels. And Akasha was a vampire queen who had a thing for Lestat, etc. You know how it is with teens and love stories and vampires. So that's how I became "Akasha".


Here's a recipe for Iced Cafe Mocha. I don't know where I got it. Pink ink on pink paper.


Most of the entries here look like this. Since I was in college then, this planner was full of class scheds and projects that I need to do.


June 29, my birthday. For some reason, I have a few entries with "o, happy day!!!" on it. The number of exclamation points determine how happy the day went, I guess.


Priorities, man. I wrote this probably after the final exams before summer vacation. And yeah, I think that's all I did for the summer. :))

Awesome find is find. This is why it's a good idea to keep a diary (or blog). You get to look back and remember how cheesy/crazy you were back then.


No comments:

Post a Comment